Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Bliss by Tracy Klehn

The wrapping is deep, the baking is sticky
My mood quickly turns from okay to "icky"
It's the first week of December and I really had wished
This year would be different...I'd have Christmas Bliss

Yes, I really had hoped that my home would look great
With garland and bows flowing every which way
But the boxes are not even down from upstairs and
The kids have the flu from the germs they have shared

The baking's not done and I still need to shop
The Christmas cards stare at me from their closed box
I need an appointment to get my hair done
But it looks like she's booked 'til 3001!

The family photos we took turned out really bad
My husband looks great but I just look mad
So here I am kneeling at the foot of the bed
Crying out "Why does this happen?" as tears I do shed

"This season's about You and your wonderful birth
How your love came down personally to change the whole earth
I want it to be special, I want to show love
But look at me now, I can't even budge!"

With head bowed down low I feel something new
A peace flowing through me and a joy that feels true
Surrender my child the voice seems to say
I am with you right now so don't be afraid

I'll strengthen your body and renew your mind

I'll guide all your steps just ask and you'll find
Lay down all your worries and I'll give you good cheer
Watch as I work, feel me draw near

Christmas Bliss you are seeking yet the place you must start
Is delighting in Me for the desires of your heart
Open my Word, I'll speak to you there
Pour out your heart, I hear all your prayers

Rise from your knees now and turn towards My Way
Embrace all the gifts that I bring you this day
I want you to know you were made for my bliss
Now share with the world this true Christmas Kiss

"You created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created."
Revelations 4:11 NLT

3 comments:

Lara said...

Perfect timing Tracy! Thank you so much! Lara

Becky SIlke said...

Excellent post, it made me laugh and smile! Thanks for sharing, did you write that poem?

...................................................................... said...

hi ladies...it's the New Year and I'm finally getting to your comments...just goes to show you how the "Bliss of Christmas" kept on going long after December 25th! I'm glad you liked the poem and yes "HappyHourMom" I did write this poem a few years ago. Happy New Year Ladies!