Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Favorite Dinner Time Activity

My girlfriend Jaque gave me a Christmas present that has blessed our whole family. It is a darling little box of dinner time conversation starters by a company called "The Box Girls."


My children actually argue over who gets to pick the card (hmmm...perhaps this defeats the purpose of warm fellowship and connection? Naaa...their eleven and thirteen, arguing counts as warm fellowship). Each night that we are able to gather around the dinner table (when we're not at a basketball game, a cheer leading practice or a church event), one of the kids pulls out a little round card and reads the question. Last night this was our card...



These little cards have proved to be an enjoyable kick off to some great conversations.

Perhaps one of your New Year resolutions was to spend more time talking with your family and eating healthy meals at home? This might be just the thing to keep that resolution going. I was even thinking that when we get through all the questions from this box, the kids could make up their own questions.

If you'd like to order a box check out the website at www.theboxgirls.com


Bon Apetit my friends and remember to say Grace!
Tracy Klehn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God seems to always be telling me to be patient. Not long after I read your blog, I did some googling and found this product on the web. I thought I'd wait until I found it in a local bookstore because the shipping made it a big too expensive. A week later my daughter received them as a birthday gift. We use them almost nightly and they have provided some insightful and fun family conversations. My 3 year old is the one who loves to pick out the evening topic the most. Thanks for a great suggestion.
Tiffany Hagan Coletta